Although remaining entirely traditional in appearance, our system is amongst the most technically advanced available in the UK.
If I could supply only one product it would be this Timber window. It is fantastic. The design and hard work that has gone into bringing this to you is unique.
It is that good.
The specific points are laid out below, but let me cover a few others.
New Build: You can have specific page per window details of each design. We can order from your sizes or I am available to survey. The windows are delivered on pallets, on time. Depending on size, they just need to be lifted into place – site staff headed by a carpenter is all you need but I will supply and fit if required. They are fully finished to such a high standard you cannot fail to be impressed. There is absolutely no site glazing required.
Home Owners: We can supply and install these anywhere in the country. You will want to know a price at the outset so send me a sketch showing basic sizes and openers and I’ll do the rest.
1. multi-layer timber sections with opposing grains, balances warping and combats twisting: The use of multi-layer timber is long established in Britain for long span timber structures in demanding environments such as swimming pools and bridges. In common use on the continent, but very rare in Britain, is the use for window and door sections. This multi-layer structure is particularly effective in resisting warping and twisting as the opposing grains even out natural moisture movement. And It is the twisting of timber during wet weather, more than the swelling itself, which causes windows and doors to stick. Multi-layer timber sections are used as standard throughout our range.
2. exceptional optical clarity: Advanced glass technology not only provides enhanced thermal performance but also much improved clarity of appearance, particularly compared to traditional hard coated low e glasses. High light transmittance (77%) maximises the entry of natural light into the home.
3. glazing units almost twice as effective as ordinary double glazing: All products are glazed as standard with double-glazed units which incorporate an enhanced thermally insulating glass to provide an extremely low U-value. We further improve the efficiency of the unit by filling the cavity with argon gas and using low conductivity spacer bars to minimise edge losses. The result is a 1.1 W/m2K centre pane u-value. This means an 80% increase in energy savings compared to single glazing, and a 45% increase in energy savings compared to ordinary double glazing.
4. internal beads for security: Glass is fitted from room side to prohibit would be intruders from gaining entry by removing the glass. Aesthetically this arrangement with its clean lines is far superior to an externally glazed system, where there is a projecting bottom bead which is pinned and filled.
5. damage free re-glazing: In the event of glass breakage all our windows and doors can be re-glazed without damage to the surrounding window frame; no need even to re-paint!
6. neat, coloured silicone seals: Purpose-made grooves are provided internally and externally to receive the silicone necessary to protect against water ingress. Appropriate coloured or clear silicone is factory applied to guarantee a perfect, unobtrusive seal.
7. warm edge spacer bars: Low conductivity spacer bars further help to minimise heat loss and combat condensation levels on the inner pane.
8. rebated glazing beads eliminate unsightly gaps between the frame and bead: In conventional timber sections, paint is prone to cracking at the point where the bead meets the window frame. By
rebating the glazing bead over the sash we conceal the joint and guard against these unattractive lines.
9. drainage and ventilation channels help prevent double glazing from misting: Drainage and ventilation channels protect against the failure of double glazed units which occurs in conventional systems
when glazing units are allowed to sit in water that has become trapped within the frame.
10. fully draught stripped:
11. factory applied micro-porous coatings provide maximum protection with minimal maintenance: Factory painting prior to assembly best protects timber from moisture absorption and is essential for longevity. All our products receive a base coat of timber preservative followed by a further two coats of micro-porous paint. Broadly speaking one should expect our coatings to last from five to eight years without the need for re-treatment. Redecoration itself is a very simple task and on average a window should take about thirty minutes to redecorate.